Thursday, November 27, 2008

Wonderful

That guy from NYK line just contacted me a couple of days ago and asking whether I'd be free during his visit from the 20th to the 23rd of December. Of course I played it cool, like any local boy would when he'd be up against some bigshot. I did the whole "lemme check my sked" bit. (High fives baby on how I awesomely pulled this shit off) 

But this was big. This is the company that wants me. This was intensely big. They want me in Japan. In one of those bluish-black suits riding a bike through the streets of Kobe or Osaka. The "working man" stereotype. Working in Japan baby. An exciting prospect.


This weekend, I'm joining my LS groupmates in our first ever bazaar. This will happen from Saturday to Sunday at Corinthians Village. We'll be that tent of guys trying to make calamansi, banana and mango slush drinks. I'd invite everyone to go if I wasn't so ashamed of being a servant. 

In other courses, Tagalog Philosophy has been dragging. My prof hasn't shown his face in the past three meetings.

In mildy-taglish Theology, I am still surrounded by the Doofus twins of my graduating batch. Jan fucking Diongko and that Dennis guy from basketball. Both are absolute douchebags. My sanity is taking a hit hearing them hunt for buttcracks to spot.

But, my semester is doing pretty well. Dare I say it again? MY SEM IS DOING PRETTY WELL. Two years ago when I was a dick, envisioning myself being one of those angas artsy guys, I'd probably be a tad bit disappointed that I'm now more of realist. I'm not cool with artsy girls. I like sports. I like games. And it took some experience to be happy with myself. The key was keeping yourself busy with things you love to stop this unabashed wave of day dreaming.

No comments:

Blog Archive