Thursday, November 06, 2008

Kinagat ako sa pwet

I am plagued by the burning desire of cool. I know deep down I am cool. And yet, of the many activities and interests I have and am a participant, very few are actually constituted by the masses as hip. But coolness is relative, no? Isn't coolness something two people, with different likes and dislikes, can share, even if these two ventures are seemingly opposites? Perhaps they are, perhaps they are not. I, however, know that I am cool...mostly. Or am I? I'm not so confident anymore.

Today, I discovered that a little shop in Las Pinas sells vinyl in store. What a great day for Momma and Poppa's stores! I have a feeling this new addition to their inventory isn't to entice purists like myself to shop there (I was already in the store after all). Rather, I suspect the move is to capitalize on the growing indie craze that is hitting popular music. The only music for sale that would be deemed indie was The Shins album "Oh Inverted world". Other than that, this Momma and Poppa's just had a lot of Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, rap reissues. I did pick up (because of the P700 price tag) the reissue of the first Bad Brains record "Bad Brains". Buying vinyl in the age of digital music has a hint of nostalgic-cool to it.

Now... I just need a dam record player.
That's more cash to spend

No comments:

Blog Archive