Sunday, November 23, 2008

Don't worry baby

Music has a way of matching talents to the song. One example is the song "Don't worry Baby" by the Beach Boys. The wimpy voice blends well to the hopeless nature and meaning of the lyrics. He had to be a wimp. He just had to.

It has a great verse, where the singer complains about something that is classically 50's. He's been bragging about his car and now he has to race some local hoodlums to prove he's not a complete pussy. Again, having wimpy whiny voice, it's perfect. The match is impeccable.

Then there's the chorus. He recounts how his girlfriend tells him "don't worry baby, everything will turn out all right." 

It's a relief to realize that I have (mostly) outgrown being that whiny adolescent needing constant handholding. But so many relationships come from guys needing to be mothered, and by some instinctual command, their lady friends have the need to mother. 

I'm just pissed that I've done this technique and I wasn't believable. I'm too dependent that even the ladies don't buy it.

No comments:

Blog Archive