If we talk about love as being happy with the person, that's gone. Or maybe taking a break right now. Life has a way of changing you. I'll tell you one thing, you can't commit if you're settling. And at some point in the beginning of all relationships, we're all settled.
I came in in love with what I saw. The first few weeks were great. The so called honeymoon period is called that because people usually enjoy the fun of being with someone. There may be a few square pegs for your round holes, but you're settling. You have this idea that those don't matter and all that matters is the fun, so you'll settle first. The pegs will eventually fit. You've seen how couples "twist to fit the mold" of the other. That's for you Maroon 5. :)
But life isn't fun all the time. It's also the the academics, the hobbies, pending career, your family, her family, the everyday things, the living, the passion, the goals, the friends, the love and so many things.
You were fun. You are lovely. But your square pegs in the honeymoon period are square pegs in every other thing. We're impossible. It's sad.
Contrary to the title, I never cheated. But my thoughts are suddenly on others. How funny that a complete stranger is drawing my attention away from you. Again, no action was done, and I didn't cheat. But a complete stranger with the unknown and the possibilities of a better fit is suddenly seeming more viable than the knowns of this.
I never cheated. But I'm learning. Relationships are there to test you and train you. So that when you finally find THE ONE, you'll never fall for the unknown stranger with curly hair again.
I hope you're happy future self. Whether or not THE ONE is with you reading this.
No comments:
Post a Comment