Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Give

This Christmas has been great so far. 

Hopefully you guys have enjoyed it as well. For starters, I got to see my sister after months. I had lunch and merienda with her and a couple of her new friends, one of which is a rubix cube master and another is a successfully rehabbed druggie. 

I got to give her my gift which I bought at the last second. It took me 30 minutes to wait in line for that baby, so she'd better like the damn thing. If you're wondering, it was a soap set.  She always liked staying clean. 


Before that afternoon, I attended mass with my family and was impressed by the homily of the priest. He went on about how the real meaning of Christmas has been lost in these past years. Even the Japanese celebrate it and they don't have a damn clue about who the Jesus Christ is. 

Christmas is about knowing how unworthy you are of receiving gifts. Take your parents for example. How many times have you told your friends how much you hate your mom? How many times have you stolen from them? Taken the car? Run away? Lied to their faces? .. and yet you get nothing but life and support from their work.


So be a giver. Even if it's just a soap set.

No comments:

Blog Archive