Friday, June 13, 2008

Church Friends

For some reason, Church people like soccer. Which is God's grace for my ice breakers.

I have a couple of friends who attend those "Church Circles" / "Youth for Christ" whatever . However, with this select group of Church friends, I've become more aware of what I say, because I might offend them and they'd shut up for the moment.

I am practicing SENS. SI. TI. VI. TI.

 
I'd like to call it the "Churchy disclaimer." Sometimes I listen to songs on the radio that I just don't think good Christians should listen to. For instance, there's a song out right now that contains an extremely vulgar Kanye cameo. So if I was going to tell the Churchies about it, I might say something like: "The other day I was quickly flipping through the radio when I heard a snippet of a song by Kanye West. It was pretty wild." 

I have to use "It was pretty wild". I hate using the phrase "pretty wild". But when I'm with Church people, the "pretty wild" phrase is something interesting to them and makes them actually want to try it out. ..yep I put a lot of thought in this one. 



Fuck it. I went out with a Churchy. There. I said it. 

No comments:

Blog Archive