By putting that as my status message, I got a revelation. It's that I really appreciated the people who sent me the message "ULOL MO". Because frankly, you need to be called out for garnering sympathy.
Last night was missed. Me, jay and fifi backstabbing jerry in the other room. As the mature adults that we weren't, the chatting shifted to emo-talk. Alfie was going through a mole phase, isolating himself from the people he once considered close. Alfie didn't really care. You shouldn't care talaga with that hairstyle.
A wise friend with now straight hair told me: "I don’t know why I maintained a façade in the early part of the year. I think people really have a natural urge to be accepted by a group. When placed in an unfamiliar situation, “safety in numbers” becomes the general law and it is necessary to fit in or suffer outside the herd. This animal mentality affects and tempts everyone. Some succumb to it while others decide to fight it. Everyone has their own reasons."
I guess he had his.
When will I find mine?
When will I stop the urge to befriend the people I like? Why does "fitting in" have to be such a big deal? Where are my friends? People put too much in being in a group, when they lose sight of important things. We're in college to learn. We're at home to love, and no matter what, our friends are always there. You just have to find them.
"Friendships are based on the intimacy that comes from sharing moments that you are too afraid to tell the world." Secrets and Untainted Honesty- I think... the key to a succesful friendship.As Alfie said... "remove the books, the movie talk, the gossip". I mean, if these things are all you talk about... does this qualify as friendship? I'm just a critic then. Try to cling to some conversation that becomes some sort of a key to an imaginary connection. Strip a person of anything you can find on the internet - what's left is what you've got. Proud to say: I've got a lot with some people.
I know who mine are... it's about time the rest of you figured this out.
1 comment:
Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»
Post a Comment