It's the key to all riddles! My friends, no longer am I dumbfounded on my lack of academic excellence. The answer! The mysteries have been thrown into plain sight. The answers!
You know why I suck at school?
All this time, I've always blamed myself for my own mishaps.
The laziness, the distractions, the lack of motivation.
I thought that those were the reasons...
I don't know how to tell you guys this, but it's the random numbers' fault.
That's the way it always has been
and that's the case.
I told you guys that you couldn't handle it.
Dude. Stop crying.
I couldn't drive last night so I spent the night at RJ's. I was waiting for a text from my mother asking where I was (in all caps and concluded by 7 exclamation points). I got a text from one of my blockies instead, asking me what my random number was. I never knew. I never really remembered much about Ateneo till last night. So I checked Aisis and...
GOT FUCKED UP ONCE AGAIN!!!
589
Yeah dude. 589. Out of what? 650.
You know, I've never asked for anything more than a 200, but in seven semesters at school, I've never gotten a real decent random number. I've never had the chance. And Ateneo should check on this shit, because I could've been one of the great ones. Yeah, I could've. I could've been Einstein or that guy from A Beautiful mind. But the school decides to reward its children on a basis of pure luck. There's no consistency of a person getting a high number now and a low one next year. It's the system.
It's always the system.
It's always been the system.
So now, if I apply for a job and they ask me why my grades aren't that dazzling...
I'll tell them it was my random number.
They'd understand. I mean, who wouldn't?
No comments:
Post a Comment