If you're to break up with someone, you're most likely to look at their picture and repeat the first verse of the All Saints' classic "Never ever".
Like the entirety of LFO's Summer Girls, I know it by heart.
It's a great verse because the singer is speaking out her emotions, as if reading a letter, while a Church choir is supporting her. Preach to choir, girl!
I was in Cantina kanina with Pao and Mr. M Lamar in what I suppose was an ambush. I spoke my peace about the situation, while they said nothing. Absolutely nothing. No advice. No support. Nada.
Instead of a Church Choir pushing me to preach. All I got were their sips of beer and a series of "Ganun. Talaga."s. I also got a giggle from Mike every now and then. It's utterly the worst thing. Sounds like someone's gargling out of tune whistles.
And frankly, as a guy, that's all you need. But I'm gonna post the lyrics of this song, because I'm still bummed. I don't get why, but posting shit makes me feel good.
"A few questions that I need to know...how you could ever hurt me so
I need to know what I've done wrong and how long it's been going on
Was it that I never paid enough attention?
Or did I not give enough affection?
Not only will your answers keep me sane
but I'll know never to make the same mistake again
You can tell me to my face or even on the phone
You can write it in a letter, either way, I have to know
Did I never treat you right? Did I always start the fight?
Either way, I'm going out of my mind
all the answers to my questions I have to find"
I wanted to do a song review for this, but that can wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment