I remember a couple of years ago, my sister wanted to get me more involved in reading. Before that, it'd take me about three minutes to fall asleep at every piece of non-school-required literature out there.
She then lent me a book called "High Fidelity". And yes, I know you all love that book. I love it too. In fact, it may be the only non-violent book that I can read over and over again. I crack the same smiles and gasp at the same "Oh no he didn't" moments. It's a great story complemented by Nick Hornby's incredible style of narration. I envy Nick's knowledge of songs and artists, something I hope to emulate in future blog entries.
I often think about how lucky this guy is.
In the story, the main character's been through at least six different girls and has managed to run a pretty good record shop after dropping out of college. I know it's fiction. But it ain't far from something actual. You can pretty much imagine it happening to a real person. So then, I imagined how it would be like if that were me. Since I idolized the guy so much, why couldn't I follow in his footsteps?
Because life is random. That's why.
There's nothing pretty about it. As much as I wanna be that guy from High Fidelity, not even Nick Hornby has a clue on how to get there.
No comments:
Post a Comment