Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The Black Mamba


KOBE IS GOD

I went to the philippine sports complex, formerly known as Ultra, with ches, just and rizza to watch the supernatural tour of probably the greatest basketball player of our time and quite possibly the best who ever lived. Kobe Bryant stopped by Manila to kick off his promotional tour and I was so entrenched into everything he did.

He'd do those side-to-side drills for defensive movements..
"I love you Kobe... shit you are so brilliant!!!!!!"

He's talking about the fundamentals of basketball and said that his talents only became talents through hard work.
"Tang Ina... Kobe is a philosopher. I would never have thought of that. Practicing and working hard makes you better. Kobe is a genius!!!! a fucking genius!! He is Aristotle with an intense sunburn!! I love you Kobe!!!"

Then Kobe would tell the kids in the basketball camp, one of which was Ateneo's Kirk Long, that his jump shot took so much effort to perfect. he worked on it a thousand times a day.
"Good Lord. You got me. It makes perfect sense now. It's crystal clear to me now mamba. You have shown me the light"

Then Kobe dunked it. Not just some Calvin booth dunk. This one went all the way around. And he did it jumping over two people.
"Oh my god... kill me" (this is when justin and chester carried me off the court with a stretcher)

I had just witnessed the supernatural. Unfortunately, my pictures.... were never saved. Sayang yung pagkababa ko with chester when we climbed over the rails to get pics with mamba and sarah meier. I love karma.






Scavengers... mga naghahanap ng naiwan na poster.


No comments: