Sunday, July 29, 2007

old makati

On a corner of old makati, just across the tracks of manila, we stopped over for some dinner.
It's on the edge of the intersection and Alfie parked his car right beside it.
It's a quaint little Japanese restaurant... the sort of business where the owner lives on the second floor.
The building doesn't scream "wow", but I forget the last place that made me. It's built with red bricks patterned throughout the whole outer layer with moss and leak marks stemming from the side. The three of us had Japanese food in the quaint little restaurant on the corner of an old makati intersection.
I was looking at Frances and Alfie across the table. We were all wearing these outfits... business attires. China Summit just finished and we just needed a place to grub up and rest. The business clothes brought me into what it would feel like less than five years from now. It made me feel like this was gonna be how life should've been all along. This is how I hope it would be.
I don't know you yet, but I know that someday we'll be friends. I haven't even been introduced to half the people that I'd meet in a lifetime. But I want to bring them to this place. I hope that when I'm older, we'd go back to this little restaurant and just eat. My officemates, my future friends, and those who would not see me as young and as brash as I am now. Just talk about our childhoods and watch the rain. I don't know exactly what made me love the place so much. It may have been the food, or our clothes that make us feel older or the dramatic rain that suddenly popped out. But let's go there.
In less than five years from now?
Have Japanese food...
..on a quaint little restaurant on the corner of an old Makati intersection
let's just go there and talk.

No comments: