Thursday, January 25, 2007

Starlight

I don't remember how I came across this song, but I loved the intro. It felt like the opening sequence of an intergalactic space travel show.

When I first heard Muse's "Starlight", like any modern day rock song, I just loved how the muscles in my arms flexed to the angry guitar riffs in the beginning. You're ready to explode into a head-bopping rock frenzy. Then the piano keys, out of nowhere, just calm this tension. Take a seat and listen to the first few seconds. Beautiful.

But hidden behind this masterpiece of a grungy, electro rock sound is a love song.

Sometimes, after all the hard work and intergalactic space travel, we just want to go home to those people that we love. "This ship has taken me far away. Far away from the memories of the people who care if I live or die". I miss home. I love being in the south. 

"Our Hopes and Expectations. Black Holes and Revelations." I have zero clue about what those lines mean, but hey, they sound fucking good. Now leave me be to this head-bopping rock frenzy, during this season of bad grades.

No comments:

Blog Archive