Tuesday, June 06, 2006

UP09

I remembered what Jerry said and just had to write this down

 "She was there when I needed to rest, there when I was low. She was the one that held me up ... when i really had to go Goodbye old friend... its been a year It's been a journey from the start I won't cry... won't shed a tear You've already ripped my heart Where do i go from now?"

This place was home. Call it an absolute trainwreck of a home. My mom called it embarrassing. But this was where we grew up. The absolute filth of trash that my mom calls the beer bottles in our cabinets, those were our first college inumans. The arnis stick that was under my ass for my first collegiate kiss. I mean it's just lying there on the floor, but the shit's still memorable. Jay's blanket that he moved in with and never washed. It makes me sick thinking of what else is on that blanket, but at least it ain't mine. There are eggs in the roof of Seattle's Best because of us. The one on top of Shakey's is Alfie's. There's a bag of rice under our sink that had a mouse in it during our first week. It's still there due to the fear that there might be other mice and we don't wanna wake them up. My literal foot prints are on the walls because whenever I played PS2, somehow my feet start kicking walls. I can't help it. The world heavyweight championship belt is there for the Pusoy Dos champion, which took turns between me and Jay until we became too lazy to keep track. The blue couch has never been cleaned, despite being the first thing we sit on, and remove our shirts on after basketball. The Silence Please sign that we stole is still there. I see some empty cans of Lysol because we keep on waiting for that magic moment when we can still shimmy some air outta those things. I'm gonna miss inviting our friends for pancit canton and charging them for it. I will miss putting my loose change in our decorative pot and finding it empty the next morning. I will miss Jerry's cooking, not because of the food, but because of the damn apron he wears with a fucking peach on it. I will miss being the guy who gets invited to football because "sa Prince David lang siya". I'm gonna miss being so cheap that we'd fill ALL our giant water jugs in the school fountain during Saturdays. I will miss the kaniya-kaniyang toothpaste rule, but secretly getting from Alfie before my shit runs out. Because I know Jay does it too. I will miss friends in school complaining about long schedule breaks and not giving a fuck about that. I'm gonna miss putting a fake rubber shit in the elevator, farting and covering our noses when people would come in. There are other elevator pranks that will not be remembered because we were laughing too much to pull it off. I will miss thinking of the aircon as a luxury. I'm gonna miss calling the OC gay and then watching it after. I will miss kicking the sweaty free loading blockmates of my roomies off the sofa. I will miss the trash can that is the kitchen window. I will miss going out to the ledge and being absolutely shocked at seeing a long-haired smoker, that I do not know, sitting there. I would just say "Musta?". I will miss the talks with the other 3 people in this condo. There are some 3 hour existential conversations that happened on the dinner table because of a girl that simply gave us a look. After the best and the worst, nothing feels better than sharing it over some beer and 7-11 hotdogs.

UP09 of Prince David made us live the college life as wild as it needed to be for a bunch of sissies from the south who had never taken a tricycle in their lives. I don't know if we're better people, but it doesn't matter.

BYE UP09!!!! Bye Peeman!!! BATISTA BOMBED!!! May utang pa yata tayo ng Php 4000.

I need basketball. I just wanna block the hell outta a shot that it reaches the 3 point line ala my senior year destruction of Kim's potential game winner.

No comments: